Saturday 22 August 2015

 Review for Lakme Eyeconic Kajal in Black (and a comparison with The Colossal Kajal from Maybelline)

Hi everyone :)
This is my first review here, and it'll be something I've used daily and is a part of my daily regime most days.
Presenting to you the review of Lakme Eyeconic Kajal in Black.
Lakme Eyeconic Kajal in Black-Exterior
From the stout chubby stick we used several years back to the slim pencil like packaging of today, Lakme has definitely come up leaps and bounds.
Lakme Eyeconic Kajal in Black-  Retractable Kajal stick inside


The stick like exterior is black with a blue rim near the bottom and a retractable kajal pencil inside.
The texture is soft, matte and a bit crumbly. My stick has broken a couple times when I've mistakenly got out more than the required amount, so you have to be careful about that!
The pigmentation on a single swipe is good but not as pigmented as The Colossal Kajal from Maybelline. I've swatched the two together to compare.

Left- Lakme Eyeconic, Right-The Colossal Kajal

The finish is matte but generally goes opaque by three swipes, while The Colossal Kajal's finish is glossy and goes opaque in two swipes. And once it stays, it simply does not budge. It has stayed more than 8 hours on my very oily lids in the very humid August without AC and still has been very difficult to remove with water. The Maybelline one has however washed off from the lids by five hours at max.
It is also dermatologist tested and doesn't irritate my sensitive waterline, so I'm happy there.
The Eyeconic Kajal with its long staying matte finish is a staple for my work makeup, while I recommend The Colossal Kajal for festive uses for its opaque and glossy finish.
And here's the LOTD with the Lakme Eyeconic Kajal.
LOTD with Lakme Eyeconic Kajal
Price: ₹ 200
Verdict : 4.75/5 (I'm running on my fifth pack now, so you know how much I'm fond of it!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment