Maybelline The Colossal Kohl in Crushed Emerald Review (and a surprise dupe!)Hi everyone :)
Today I'm reviewing a lovely coloured kohl which has been a mood lifter lately - The Maybelline Colossal Kohl in Crushed Emerald.
What Maybelline says about the product:
- "First of its kind in India with 2 in 1 benefits of a Kohl and Eyeliner
- Go all out with glamorous eyes with the most exciting Colossal Kohl Now in 4 shades – True Turquoise, Jewelled Jade, Crushed Emerald and Smoked Silver which LINES like a Kajal and DEFINES like a liner. The Colossal Kohl is a refreshing twist on the conventional black Colossal Kajal kohl and a must have fashion and beauty accessory.
- Here’s why you’ll love it:
- - Provides 12 Hours of smudge-free intensity
- - Color doesn’t smudge or fade
- - Enriched with nourishing ingredients and Vitamin E to soothe the eye
- - Features a unique tip that glides smoothly for even application
- - 100% suitable for your eyes
- PRICE Rs.249/-"
The kohl comes in the standard canary yellow packaging, similar to the Colossal Kajal. The difference lies in the strip showing the kohl colour which is helpful to identify when in a hurry.
|The Maybelline Colossal Kohl in Crushed Emerald--Exterior|
The retractable kohl stick is creamy and goes opaque in two swipes. It is very smooth and applies without any tugging on the lids. It doesn't irritate the eyes and unlike the Kajal, stays for around six hours outdoors.
The colour is the most beautiful forest green with the slightest hint of shimmer that doesn't show up on eyelids. It reminds you of evergreen leaves and green moss and is a gorgeous colour to flaunt. It is very jewel toned-- Crushed Emerald is indeed a perfect name for it.
|The Maybelline Colossal Kohl in Crushed Emerald -- kohl stick inside|
I've used it slightly smudged on my waterline in the following look.
Maybelline Color Bloom Lip Balm in Pink Blossom
Chambor Infinite Lengths Mascara
Maybelline The Colossal Kohl in Crushed Emerald
Verdict: 5/5 (absolute love!)
Now the surprise dupe.
The Jordana Easyliner for Eyes in Seagreen is THE exact dupe for this colour. And its cheaper too, ₹79 compared to the ₹249 of the Maybelline Kohl.
Swatch of the two eye products:
|Left -- The Colossal Kohl, Right -- The Jordana Easyliner|
So which one will you go for?