Wednesday 23 March 2016

Easy Date Night Makeup Look: Matte Eyes with Matte Red Lips


Today I've put up an easy date makeup look; appropriate for either a dinner out or a coffee, any time of the day as well as for special occasions.  I've chosen to wear red lips here, but instead of the de rigour shimmery eyes I've chosen to pair a simple matte eye look with the red lips, simply so to not take away any of the drama a red lip can give. Plus matte eyes help you to not look over done, or worse for a date- overdressed, while providing a gentle illusion of depth and coordination with the red lips.

Products used:

Primer: Colorbar Perfect Match Primer, on the T zone and chin area and the centre of forehead and eyelids and lips.
Foundation: Chambor Sheer Delight Ultra Matt Foundation - I've chosen a sheer one, to avoid the heaviness and too made up look a fuller coverage foundation gives; it lets the skin to breathe. Even for troubled skin, I'll advice to stay with a sheer foundation to let the good bits of skin shine through, while adding up with concealer on the places you might need.
Concealer: My trusty Kryolan Dermacolor in shade DFD
Powder:  Lakme Perfect Radiance compact in Golden Medium
For eyes:
Shadows used:  I used the Death By Chocolate palette from Makeup Revolution London: Lick Me in the eyelids, One More Bar in the crease and Bring Down Angels to highlight browbone and inner corner.
Liner:  Maybelline New York Colossal Liner
Mascara:  Maybelline New York The Falsies Mascara
Blush:  Oriflame Sweden The One blush in Luminous Peach
Highlighter: Revlon Skinlights Illuminator in Bare Light and the highlighter shade from Luminous Peach
For lips:
Liner:  Cameleon Auto Lip Liner in Rouge Red
Lipstick:  L'Oreal Paris Star Collection  lipstick in Pure Rouge
Brushes: Starter Kit and Blush Brush 
by Real Techniques
I started by patting the primer on my T zone, forehead and chin. Once it blended in, I applied the foundation all over the face and neck with my bare hands, no brushes needed. After the base was done, I ended up sweeping the compact all over my face to set the base in place.

For Eyes:


After the base was done,
1)  I went to prime my eyelids and use a bit of concealer to cancel out darkness and give an even skin tone.
2) As you can see in the pictorial above, I proceeded to apply Lick Me all over my eyelids, blending well with the flat base shadow brush.
3) I went on to do my outer crease up next, applying One More Bar, and blending it really well with the  dense, Deluxe Crease Brush all over the socket line till no harsh lines were visible.
4) With the Definer Brush I proceeded to highlight my browbone and the inner corner of eyes with Bring Down Angels.
5) I filled and defined my brows slightly with the Maybelline FashionBrow, and applied the liner.
6) Finally, thick coats of the mascara on both the upper and lower eyelids, and I was done.
I went on with a fluffy blush brush to apply the blush in an upward motion on my cheeks towards the temple, and applied the highlighter and the shimmer of the blush on the cheekbones, the bridge of nose, forehead, chin and the V of the upper lips for added sheen.

For lips:

I proceeded to define the shape of my lips with the liner, and then with the lipstick, filled in colour. Once a layer was done I took a piece of paper, blotted my lips well and reapplied the lipstick. I repeated the step, twice. This ensured that the lipstick had a very seamless finish as well as would stay on post meals.


So that's the final look. You can replace the red lip with any lip colour you like; a hot pink, a coral, a nude, anything and it'll look great!
I hope you liked my tutorial :)

No comments:

Post a Comment