Friday 20 May 2016

Vichy Normaderm Night Detox: Review and Swatches

So I'm a really lazy blogger, I admit.
I've loved some products over the past few months now, and they'll soon be empties now.
First up among the soon-to-be-empties, the Vichy Normaderm Night Detox, priced at INR 900 from nykaa.com

What it is: A night cream for the really oily, acne prone folks.
I came across this on Caroline Hirons' amazing blog (go check it out if you’ve not done -- yet) while searching for a good cream without SPF that would not aggravate my acne.
Packaging: Green, sterile tube packaging. No frills, really hygienic and works well in dispensing the product out.
The full ingredient list is given on the side of the tube.
Smell: has a really light floral smell which dissipates very fast. I’m not a big fan of the smell, but thankfully it doesn’t stay too long to be a bother.
Texture: the cream is slightly dirty-white in color, very fluid and not greasy/too emollient at all.
The runny lotion like texture

On application: It absorbs immediately on seconds and leaves the skin feeling slightly matte, but well hydrated. Absolutely a boon for the oily skin folks, but those with dry skin and spots, you'll need to layer a slightly heavier night cream (Lotus Herbals Nutranite Night Cream and Dewsoft Lotion are both my picks) on top of it.
See how easily it absorbs, leaving that beautiful soft matte finish!

On waking up: Skin gets a wonderful glow without apparent oiliness, pores appear diminished, and the acne appears reduced. Skin feels, looks so very clean.
On prolonged application: it does actually reduce the overall oiliness of the skin with time. That means skin will be producing a healthy amount of oil (the healthy glow!) but you won't turn into oil mine easily. Skin appears really refined, imperfections (for me, acne marks) reduce over time, skin stays very smooth and hydrated.
Will I repurchase? I am not an oil mine much anymore, so I won't need it as often. That said, I’ll be keeping a backup tube, because who knows when I just might need it: P
Finally a product that does all it says. Sigh!
P.S.: Do not consider this to be an overnight acne/spot treatment, it is not. For something like that, look for La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo cream or Avene Triacneal. Or perhaps a dermatologist (your best bet). It essentially hydrates the skin without inflaming up the problems, because even troubled skin needs moisture. (I’ll revise that statement: Every-freaking-skin needs moisture!)


No comments:

Post a Comment